Monday, September 7, 2009

Lake Victoria and more Luganda

Oli otya! Erinnye lyange nze Kristi. Mva America, naye kati mbeera Bukasa-Muyenga, Kampala wa nsoma Luganda ate eby'enkulakulana. (That's about all I've learned in two weeks, lol, plus I can count to ten- emu, bbiri, satu, nya, ttano, mukaaga, musanvu, munana, mwenda ne kumi! Days of the week are harder, Monday is mande and sunday is samde but every thing in between is much more difficult)

Anyways, I figure I should just post something if I have any semblance to internet access. Everything is going pretty well here. Having a great time with my homestay siblings, especially the 6 month old twins, Ethan and Alma. My "dad" is a lawyer and apparently is on the Kampala City Council, which is evidently a much bigger deal than city councils in the US.

Went to church with my sister Angel yesterday...it was interesting and that's all I'll say here. Then Paul and Sheila took me to Lake Victoria and Ggaba beach for fresh tilapia (yum!) and tusker. The food was gerat and it was a beautiful spot, you could see the guys fishing in little boats right off the shore.

Having a great time with the friends I've made so far. Discovered a great fair trade shop with Ambreen and Julie last week and then on Saturday we went to the "mall"- Garden City. It was actually pretty nice, full of mzungus!

I think that's it for now. Learning lots and then experiences have been amazing. Lots of epiphanies, but as expected, about things I never really considered which has been fascinating and it's been great to talk things out with my group here.

Oh also, I have for the most part finished up writing post cards, I just have to mail them and in order to do so I have to physically go to the Post Office which is far so eventually you'll get them ;)

Miss you all! More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment